Friday, March 22, 2013

Shaving Cream Painting

After many, many years of caring for children, one finds oneself in danger of repeating the same old crafts and themes. Luckily, there is a turn around of kiddies, usually a four year rotation from the time they start daycare at one until they leave to start school at five, so as long as I can come up with original ideas for a four year period I can generally start repeating but, although they are not getting the same old...same old, it can get a little boring for me. It's had to come up with new ideas especially for seasonal themes, but since I joined Pinterest I've been able to try lots of new ideas on the kiddies, like "shaving cream Easter eggs."



This is our the first try shaving at cream painting. I won't go into detail on how it's done but you can click on the above Pinterest link from Little Wonders' Days to check it out.

Looks yummy...but don't eat it!



This shows that is is wise to test a new craft ahead of time...had I done that I would have realized that shaving cream painting works better using dark colors instead of pastels.



The most fun came when we were finished making our eggs and the kiddies got to "dig in!"


 As with most messy crafts, there will be those that really enjoy it...

 

 those who will be up to their elbows in it before they are done...

 

 those who won't even touch it...
and those who go into it tentatively...
and can get really upset when you try to take their picture. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment