Sunday, July 10, 2011

Taking The Plunge

(To read more Sunday Citars, visit Tabitia at freshmommyblog.com.)

"Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin.
Beginning makes the conditions perfect."
~Alan Cohen~


The idea for launching a new blog has been mulling around in my mind for some time now, but I've been putting off committing myself to yet another endeavor due to time limits...or lack of it... plus  I don't feel I've contributed much lately to "Getting Back To Basics"... so why take on more.

While Getting Back To Basics focuses mainly on  home, cooking, gardening and life in general with a few musings of wracked out weirdo tossed into the mix, my interest lately has been shifting more toward finding a balance between working full time and living a healthy active life style.

I started using Nordic walking poles in March and find they're kind of addictive ...yep...sure... roll your eyes...I did my share of eye rolling too before I started but I'm glad I did. Since signing in with the Heart & Stroke Walkabout website a little over a month ago, I've been Walking My Ass Off, literally... hence the name for my new blog. I wear a pedometer now when I walk and record my steps daily on Walkabout. I find doing so helps to keep me accountable and it is my hope that this new blog will also help to keep me on track.

After all...
If I'm gonna talk the talk,
I'd better be prepared to
walk the walk!

I will still be posting here,
but you're quite welcome to pop over for a visit at

Hope you find something there to interest you.

Happy walking,
Marisa

1 comment: