Saturday, June 11, 2011

"YES, GRASSHOPPER, PIE IS GOOD FOR YOU."

...well at least this Lime Pie with Chocolate Macaroon  Crust is. When I saw this recipe on my daughter's blog, Graceful Simplicity,  I knew I would have to give it a try. Her post,  " Food, Love and a Raw Food Pie"  touches on the erotic use of  food "as a prelude, a stirring of the senses, a preparation for or igniter of passion." Judging by the murmurings of "mmmm" and "wow" that passed through hubby's lips as he ate this, he found it very tantalizing. While this is a Lime Pie, the color comes not from limes, but from the surprise ingredient...avocado. Don't let the avocado turn you off...you cannot taste it, only  the lime, and combined with this Chocolate Macaroon crust... is totally divine.




Lime Pie with Chocolate Macaroon  Crust
 (adapted from this recipe)

Lime Filling:
1 ripe avocado (I used two small avocado)
¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
1tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
½ cup honey (or agave)

Directions:

Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Pour into Chocolate Macaroon pie molds (see below) and refrigerate for at least one hour and/or until ready to serve. Makes one pie or four, 4” tarts.

Chocolate Macaroon Crust:

1 cup pecans
1 cup chopped dates
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp honey if needed to hold it together

Directions:

Add all ingredients into food processor and mix until all ingredients are finely processed and starts to stick  Press firmly into pie form, or for tarts, divide and press into 4, 4” tart molds – place in fridge while making the filling.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I'd have never guessed chocolate and avocado would work in the same recipe but this one looks interesting. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks Marisa.
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, Marisa. I see you hail from 'just across the bay', and share many of the same interests! Thanks for visiting my blog...

    What an intriguing recipe...I use quite a bit of avocado...never once dreamed of putting it in a pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of your "window," I also have a window where I grow plants indoors. Check it out. www.crazibrain.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there soon! Leave a comment and I will come back here. Follow me back.

    ReplyDelete