Monday, May 4, 2009

GARLIC/MUSHROOM AND SPINACH PIZZA



Another smash hit!
I did use up the leftover spinach and canned milk from the Crustless Quiche of the day before with great success. Not only did Paul and I love it, I gave it to my Daycare kiddies the following day and I couldn't keep it coming fast enough.I almost didn't bother serving it to them, expecting that, with the exception one one little guy, they would freak out at the sight of the spinach.

Instead of making my usual thin crust pizza I opted for a thick bread pizza crust that I made using my bread machine.

GARLIC/MUSHROOM AND SPINACH PIZZA
For the crust, use your favorite recipe or bought crust.

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.

TOPPING
This will make enough for two 12 inch pizzas.

Grate about 1 1/2 c. mozzarella and sprinkle over both crust.

1 Tbl. olive oil
1 large onion finely chopped
2 c. chopped mushrooms
1 red pepper, chopped
garlic to taste...I used LOTS!
1 c. spinach, drained well
2 Tbl. Italian spices
1 tsp. oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 c. canned milk
1 1/2 c. 2% milk
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese

Add oil to frying pan. Add onions and cook until lightly browned. Add peppers, garlic and mushrooms and cook until tender. Add spinach and spices. Stir in milk and simmer for a few min. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Spoon over pizza crust and cheese. Bake for about 15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment