Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"You Are On The Right Path!"

I love this quote about gardening...

http://twowomenandahoe.com/our-definition-of-gardening/

but this  quote is more 
indicative of the reality of gardening.
(though, if you were to quote me,
there would be some extra choice words inserted
between 
"but" and "weeds!")


A slow start hitting the gardens this year resulted in a rampant
overgrowth of weeds, 
shrubs needing pruning and 
plants needing dividing.
August is normally a month that I give gardening a rest
...it's just too damn hot, but I am still out there
slowly tackling one garden at a time.
We spent too much time, effort and $$$
over the years to have our park like
gardens go wild.
 I'm just not ready to abandon them now,
but life would be a lot easier if
the hubby could help with
the "grunt" work.

...oh well...one day at a time!


Aside from the grunt work,
I am having fun making some new additions to the gardens,
like this old  watering can
 I picked up at a yard sale for 50 cents.
...love cheap!


I made three stump gardens today.
This one is my favorite.


Using rocks I already had scattered around the gardens, 
I cobbled together my own little inuksuk
for my road side garden.

 Inukshuk, the singular of inuksuit, means 
"in the likeness of a human"
 in the Inuit language.
The traditional meaning of the inukshuk is
 "Someone was here" 
or
 "You are on the right path."


A closer up view...and I know what you are thinking but I assure you
...it was totally unintentional!
Actually,
it shows up in the picture more than when you
are looking at the figure itself.
I am giving my inuksuk a name,
"Mellors"
after the games keeper, Oliver Mellors from the book,
"Lady Chatterley's Lover."


As for that "stone",
 I may just keep my eyes open for a more realistic looking one 
to replace it with.
After all, if the Louvre in Paris, France can exhibit "theirs"
 and call them works are art...
I should be able to display mine!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment