Saturday, May 1, 2010

SIX WORD SATURDAY

" THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT!'

I feel like I just came off a big drunk...no I wasn't out partying last night but I did make the mistake of trusting hubby to get groceries and buy only what I had on my list. I normally write across the bottom NO JUNK FOOD but I didn't this time. I did have on my list a bag of Whole Wheat Tortilla chips as I like to have a few to go with a great soup I make. Hubby sees the Tortilla chips were more expensive than the PC chips that were on sale so he ends up bringing home not one but four bags of chips...and no tortillas...there are two things I can't have in the house...chips and ice cream...anything else I can control my urges...but not those two. Needless to say I ate a large bag practically alone and I'm feeling rotten now. Can't really blame him...he didn't make me wolf down a whole bag...!

I will be posting a recipe for Chicken Taco Soup next Tuesday for WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE TUESDAY!


For more Six Word Saturdays join our host at Show My Face.

10 comments:

  1. lol, that's too funny. Hubby hates to grocery shop, but when he is with me I tend to spend more money as those items wander into the cart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that problem with dark chocolate M&Ms...if the are here, I eat them. I can't blame anyone but myself for buying them though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now.. I LOVE Whole Wheat Tortilla chips!
    Great 6WS!
    Mine is here
    Happy Weekend!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate temptations like that- my weaknesses are homemade chocolate chip cookies and Wavy Lays with homemade french onion dip mmm!

    Happy 6WS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice cream is my downfall too.
    And I bet those chips were really good! :)

    Happy SWS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can relate I have been watching what I eat and this week I slipped. Love your six words.
    Have a great 6WS.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh! I can do the same thing! Chips are an awful tempter! I downed almost a whole bag of cinnamon and sugar pita chips earlier this week and also felt yucky!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Temptation flows with those snacks galore!

    My blog is all original inspirational writings. The most recent one is about smiling.

    Ron

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What are you going to do with 4 bags of chips, oh...I guess Hubby want's to help with that one! Mine doesn't shop unless I am in bed. That happened years ago when I had back surgery. He is lost in the grocery store, or at least he pretends to be lost!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tortilla chips go well with tomato soup made with a large can of tomato juice, add a little spice to it and some celery, then float some tortilla chips. Pretty good.

    ReplyDelete