Friday, June 19, 2009

MY SINCERE APOLOGY

In a society where "I'm sorry"pops off political lips like dandelion clocks in the hands of exuberant children, I am going to step up to the plate and offer my own heartfelt apology for a wrong I have committed. Unlike natural resources minister, Lisa Raitt's, tearful though forced apology for referring to the shortage of isotopes used in cancer testing as a "sexy" issue from which she could benefit
politically, I have nothing to gain from my admittance of wrong doing.

In a previous post, "Are You Ready For A Slug Fest", I unjustly blamed slugs for the demolition of my zucchini plants. For that I am deeply sorry. Had I looked more closely before putting my foot in my mouth, I would have seen that the real culprit was not slugs but cucumber beetles. So. to all the slugs in slug world, I sincerely apologize for maligning you. You did not deserve the blunt of my scorn. I am sorry.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the lowly slug - whipping boy of gardeners everywhere...:)

    Your apology seems genuine and heartfelt - there will be smug slugs in your garden today....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a phenomenal shot.

    p.s. Thanks so much for visiting my necessary room. I am so pleased to meet you.

    ReplyDelete