Friday, April 10, 2009

NOW I KNOW IT'S SPRING


Yep" It's finally here...never mind what the calendar date is, spring is never officially here until the clothes go out on the line. Love the sight of clothes flapping in the breeze and the fresh spring smell that seems to linger on your sheets for days. I don't do line drying during the winter mostly because it's too difficult to access my line due to our patio door swelling and sticking and partly due to memories of helping my mother bring in clothes frozen stiff as a board, then hanging them around the house to thaw and continue drying...not to mention all the ironing that was involved. There are limits to how "Ecology Friendly" I am willing to commit to. You won't catch me boiling my dental floss for reusing.

My husband and I spent the rest of the day pruning our rose bushes (all 27 of them) and shrubs. I pruned, he cleaned up after me as he is unsure of where to make cuts would like to keep it that way. As he is always saying "you wanted them", but he is usually quite ready to lend a hand. I worked in front of the house to the music of honey bees visiting my crocus (we have an apple orchard across the road that the owners raise bees for pollinating so we get the advantage of having them skip over onto our property) and out back to the tune of clothes drying in the breeze. It's funny how something so simple can make a day wonderful and other days...well they're just shit, no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. Your last line made me laugh. Glad your enjoying your spring.

    ReplyDelete