Tuesday, March 31, 2009

EARTH DAY THEME





Earth Day may be over but at our house we are still continuing on with the theme. I just wanted to share some crafts my daycare kids have been working on. They are young, but have old hearts!
One day we made earth pictures using coffee filters made of recycled paper and blue bingo markers. By dabbing part of the filter with the blue marker, we made oceans and we left the remaining filter its natural color...light brown. We glued our earth onto blue construction paper and pasted the words to the "earth" song we've been singing all week. The kids had fun sticking fish stickers to the ocean areas and animal stickers to the land areas. These really show up well and we are very proud of them.

THIS LITTLE PLANET OF MINE
(This Little Light of Mine)

This little planet of mine, I’m gonna let it shine.
This little planet of mine, I’m gonna let it shine.
This little planet of mine, I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!

This little planet of mine, I’m gonna keep it clean.
This little planet of mine, I’m gonna keep it clean.
This little planet of mine, I’m gonna keep it clean.
Keep it clean, keep it clean, keep it clean!

3 comments:

  1. This reminds of the song I wrote about litter. I can't remember words or the song I adapted it from. Do you remember it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this is it. I can't remember where I found it...it's been in my files for years so it may have been something I got from you. I still have most of the songs and finger plays that you and Amanda brought home from preschool and elementary school filed away by theme. Do you remember "Shake It Santa Shake It?" That came from you and the kids here sing it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, that wasn't mine, I don't think. I just remembered my litter song: "This litter is my litter, this litter is your litter . . ."
    I sort of remember "Shake it Santa Shake it."

    ReplyDelete